POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Heighfields -are they meshes or 'just' textures? : Heighfields -are they meshes or 'just' textures? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:11:57 EDT (-0400)
  Heighfields -are they meshes or 'just' textures?
From: krus
Date: 14 Aug 2002 07:15:06
Message: <web.3d5a39c91ed38c652f4bd1e30@news.povray.org>
Hello all!
I'm Completely new and have been working through the tutorial and made all
the examples. I'm very interested in the Heighfields. I would so like to
use the outputs in a 3d engine as 'worlds'.
I have read the section of 'export to other formats' and it is stated there
that a special pov by Thomas Baier (POB) can export MESH obj to other
formats
Now is it want to know:
Is heightfields real meshes that can be "exported" to 3ds or .x using this
utility?

Is so.. Where can I get the utility (dead link)

regards Krus